Energy saving tips
- Supplement heat with natural sunlight
- Draw curtains/blinds late in the afternoon to insulate your space
- Remember to close the damper on your fireplace to retain heat in winter
- Take shorter showers and shower rather than bath
- On boilers and furnaces, get a professional in for annual maintenance checks
- Close vents and shut doors to unused rooms in winter
- Wrap an insulated blanket around the water heater
- Fix leaky faucets and install a lower-flow shower head
- Always run your washing machine and dishwasher at full capacity on a cold wash
- Caulk and insulate areas that might allow heat loss such as windows, doors
- Hang your washing outside instead of using a dryer
- Wear layers and warmer, insulated clothing while indoors
- Cover bare floors
- Replace older appliances
- Avoid preheating
HOW TO GET CONNECTED
- Please contact our Customer Service department on 011 - 356 5000 or fill in the Application Form, scan and e-mail it to us at email@example.com. For the Domestic Application Form, click here and for the Business Application Form, click here.
- You need to supply us with your address in order for us to verify whether you are on our gas network.
- We will send an Egoli Gas staff member to the required premises to verify where our pipeline runs and to point out where the connection point will be.
- A qualified gas fitter will need to be employed to install the
internal piping to the connection point at the
boundary of the property. The gas fitter will issue a certificate of compliance.
- Once we receive a completed application, with a copy of the
relevant ID, proof of payment of the connection fee and
deposit as well as the compliance certificate, a meter will be installed and the gas service connected.
Please note - To be successfully connected can
take up to 8 weeks due to way leave, open trench way leaves and
applications which Egoli Gas applies for.
It's simple, safe and cost-effective to convert to natural gas, click here